compensation: $42 per hour for RN's and $28 per hour for LPN's employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Licensed Maryland RN's and LPN's needed to work immediately at a long term care facility in Hagerstown, MD.
All shifts are available. Pay is $28 per hour for LPN's and $42 per hour for RN's.
Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families
• Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Ensures operation off equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. Common responsibilities of LPNs include (but are not limited to):
• Provides basic bedside care
• Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environment for patients
• Measures & records patient’s vital signs (such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration)
• Assists with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene of patients
• Prepares and gives injections and enemas
• Monitors catheters
• Records food/fluid input/output
• Dresses wounds
• Assists with bed positioning, standing, and walking of patients
• Collects samples for testing
• Performs and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed practical nurse
• Assists in relevant health teaching for patient and family/significant other
• Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
• Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
• Depending on setting, may also start intravenous fluids
• Completes required orientation as directed by facility
• Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
• Follows facility protocol
• Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
• Upholds HIPAA regulations
• Punctual and dependable for assigned/confirmed shifts
• Endure physical requirements, stand on feet for extended periods of time, visual acuity, cognitive and assessment skills required
Call 301-288-1844 ext 802 now to apply or apply online at www.dynamichealthcarestaffing.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers